Saturday, July 17, 2010

Emei Shan, China

The Teddy Bear Hostel where I stayed and kept my stuff while I hiked Emei Shan.


A cable car takes some people up the mountain. Some of us walked...



A very common type of dog in China.







This tree is over 1000 years old.










An example of the stairs I climbed for two days.


I saw this sign but I'm not sure what it's trying to convey specifically, just that it is bad.














The first monkey I saw. I thought that it might not be the right "season" for monkeys because I hadn't seen any yet.




Hmmmm...



That juice the monkey is drinking, used to be in my bag.






Monkey tree houses and walkways.


More stairs...



And more stairs...

And more stairs...







The monastery where I slept overnight.







Azaleas on the mountain.

Top of the mountain.



The family that invited me to lunch and walked with me the rest of the way up the mountain.









No comments: